- PREMIER VERIFICATION demonstrates commitment to impartiality in the B-BBEE Verification activities especially through its top management structures
- PREMIER VERIFICATION ensures that activities of other bodies do not affect the confidentiality, objectivity and impartiality of its activities.
- PREMIER VERIFICATION is impartial, and all its staff and associates act in an impartial manner.
- PREMIER VERIFICATION recognizes that the source of revenue is the client paying for its service and that this is a potential threat to impartiality. In order to obtain and maintain confidence, PREMIER VERIFICATION always demonstrates that its decisions are based on objective evidence and that its decisions are not improperly influenced by other interests or by other parties
- PREMIER VERIFICATION avoids any situation that would create a conflict of interest arising from the activity of any other body. All PREMIER VERIFICATION personnel, either internal or external, or committees, which could influence the verification activities, act impartially and do not allow commercial, financial or other pressures to compromise impartiality.
- PREMIER VERIFICATION requires personnel, internal and external, to declare any situation known to them that may present them or PREMIER VERIFICATION with a conflict of interest. PREMIER VERIFICATION uses this information as input to identifying threats to impartiality raised by the activities of such personnel or by the organisations that employ them and does not use such personnel, internal or external, unless they can demonstrate that there is no conflict of interest.
- If a member of the verification team, or their immediate family member, has a direct financial interest, or a material indirect financial interest, in the client, the self-interest threat created would be so significant the only safeguards available to eliminate the threat or reduce it to an acceptable level would be to:
a) Dispose of the direct financial interest prior to the individual becoming a member of the verification team;
b) Dispose of the indirect financial interest in total or dispose of a sufficient amount of it so that the remaining interest is no longer material prior to the individual becoming a member of the verification team; or
c) Remove the member of the verification team from the verification engagement.”
“Impartiality is the actual and perceived presence of objectivity” (R47-03)